Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so I'm a day late. As Sundae would say, I'm simply prolonging the joy. I had a wonderful, full Thanksgiving day, and didn't fit blogging in to it.

The first (and one of the best) things I did for Thanksgiving was sleep in! I got up at about 10ish to watch the Macy's parade. After Santa arrived, I watched a bit of the Dog Show and then John and I went to Howard's Pub for a light lunch. We didn't eat their Thanksgiving gut-stuffer meal, as we had been invited to a pot luck at Gary's house later in the day. This annual feast always starts with steamed oysters. It is difficult to keep me away from about any potluck, but it would be impossible to hold me back from attending one which begins with steamed oysters!

The weather was warm again, and the rain held off until evening, enabling us to enjoy the oysters outside. Then we went into Gary and Kitty's house to feast on turkey and an abundance of delicious trimmings. Rob and Sundae had brought an old fashioned ice cream maker, so dessert included delicious just-made vanilla ice cream.

Later in the evening, a group of us went for a walk around the neighborhood which, while it didn't fulfill its intended purpose of making us feel less full, was a lovely time nonetheless. The evening was still fairly mild (later overnight the wind picked up and the temperature dropped significantly), and the moon reflecting off the clouds provided plenty of illumination to guide our way. I learned of a cut through/short cut in the village that I hadn't known about before, which is always fun for me.

Back at the house, a group of us shared some music (a mandolin, a harmonica, and multiple guitars were played, and several people sang), which seemed to me to be the perfect way to end the day.

I have much to be thankful for, and I am.

No comments: