Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bumps, bruises, bites and a blister

So, the other side of packing so much fun into four days is the fact that it shows on my body! I have a bump on my head (with a couple of small scratches) from where I wiped out on my bike (although I certainly could have done that any other time, so it's not necessarily Ocrafolk School related). I also have a couple of bruises on my leg (also from the bike wipeout), a scrape on the back of my foot (caught it on the edge of a brick in the water while flounder gigging), several mosquito bites, and a kayaking/clamming/flounder-gig-light-holding blister on my left thumb.

Now here's the odd part: I feel great! It is fabulous living life so fully that you get a bit banged up in the process. Makes me realize I'm truly alive.

So, all you parents out there: let your kids get some bumps, bruises and scrapes in the process of living and having fun. Obviously, keep them safe from serious harm, but don't try to prevent them from ever hurting themselves, because they'll miss lots of great experiences if you do.

That's my advice for the evening. Now I'm going to bed, because the other result of all this enjoyable activity is it makes a body tired!

No comments: