Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Warm fall

It has been unusually warm for October over the last few days. I'm enjoying the sunshine (although I'm still too busy to enjoy being outside in it much!), but I'm ready for some cooler fall weather.

One of the few things I miss is changing leaves. I love the trees we have on the island (I think Live Oaks are gorgeous, and Red Cedars are ingenious in how they allow the outer leaves to become salt stung in order to protect the inner ones), but they don't provide blazing fall color.

It's a small sacrifice, though, and I still wouldn't live anywhere else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dog Chloe and I just got home on Monday from 2 weeks on your beautiful island. Thanks for sharing! My MINI Cooper always feels like it 'fits' on Ocracoke, but, it sure is tough driving it at village speeds - it wants to FLY!

Ocrakate said...

Hi Tom ~ glad you and Chloe enjoyed your visit. I saw a MINI Cooper on the island today and, you're right, it is a good fit for our skinny, sometimes unpaved roads. :)