Thursday, September 27, 2007

Song, champagne and good advice

I went to the final performance of the Ocrafolk Opry last night. I greatly enjoyed the singing and storytelling (Fiddler Dave doing some poems from the Rumgagger show), and even joined the group of ladies on stage for "Bald Headed Men".

After the show, we shared a bottle of champagne. A couple of folks poured it from the bottle into something they had with them (a water bottle, and a soda can), but most of us just passed the entire bottle around and shared. It didn't feel awkward at all (not to me, anyway). The Ocrafolk crowd is made up of my friends, and being with them feels like home and family.

After we polished off the champagne, I walked out of the theater with Marcy. She gave me some wonderful, simple yet profound advice. In fact, I think this is some of the best advice I have ever received. Hearing it gave me peace, and implementing it has given me more (and will continue to bring even more, I suspect). I hope it will help you, too. Marcy said:

"Breathe. Pray. Know you are loved."

'nuff said!

No comments: