Monday, February 8, 2010

Party

I went to an all ladies cocktail party tonight. We had been invited to dress up, and some ladies went all out with that. There were gorgeous flowy dresses as well as short saucy ones. It was a rockin' party, with plenty of delicious punch and other drinks. The music was loud, and everyone was dancing. In short, it wasn't a tea party.

And yet, in the midst of this raucous fun, I looked around and had an incredible, quiet revelation. These women - most of whom were tipsy and at least one who was flat out drunk, all of whom were dancing like crazy - are my friends. These are the women who will celebrate together in good times and support each other in hard times. These women will hold me up when I need holding, help me when I need helping, and just be there when I need a listening ear - and I will do the same for them. It was an odd time to have a weepy moment, in the middle of a wild party, but I enjoyed it.