Sunday, February 21, 2010

4th of July options

Understandably, after last year's tragedy on the 4th of July, the Civic and Business Association is considering other options for Independence Day celebrations and entertainment. I got an email recently about the fact that a laser show is being considered as an alternative to fireworks. In case you're interested, here's a link where you can learn more about the company being considered, at this one, you can see some of their previous shows.

I think the laser show is a great idea personally and hope it works out to prsent it here...I'm already looking forward to seeing it! What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

Debbie Leonard said...

Kate, I was there last year during the 4th of July too and I don't see how anyone who was present could possibly want to have fireworks. I think the laser show is a great alternative! July 4th is always so festive on the island and I'd like to see that tradition continued.

Ocrakate said...

I agree, Debbie. It was a very difficult day for the entire island last year. I hope the laser show works out, because I also think it's a terrific alternative option.