Monday, December 28, 2009

A quiet night out

John and I got to spend a night away a couple of days ago, since we had plenty of extra people available to take care of Connor. We didn't go far...just to The Cove B&B. Yes, the one we ran for slightly over 2 years. I won a free night there during a fundraiser for the Child Care, and was happy to use it, since I got to be on the receiving - rather than the serving - end of breakfast! (Which, incidentally, was delicious - baked apples and eggs benedict. Yum.)


This room - the Plover Suite - used to be our living room! (What is now the bathroom is the area where our dining table and my work desk were.) When Chad and Erin (the current innkeepers) took over the B&B, the owners decided to let them live in the cottage next door (which they had purchased after we started running the B&B and moved in), meaning they could renovate the space that was our apartment into an additional suite.


The Plover Suite has a private entrance and screened porch, with a swing in it that I just had to swing in even though it was chilly. On windy mornings (like this was), you can hear the waters of the sound crashing onto the beach at Springer's Point from there. Ah...I miss that screened porch. (Not the work of running the B&B, just the porch!)

If you're interested in staying at The Cove (I highly recommend it!), check out their website.

No comments: