Saturday, December 19, 2009

Parties

I managed to go to two separate parties before noon yesterday. I know it's busy around here for the holiday season, but multiple events in the first few hours of the day is still pretty impressive in my opinion!

The first party was at Ocracoke Child Care. Led by Sundae and Rob, the kids sang a bunch of traditional Christmas carols (and some lesser known Christmas songs, too) and also played instruments (well, sticks and bells).







Then they donned halos to sing "All the Little Angels in the Band". Adorable!



Rob looked pretty angelic, too.



Then it was snacktime in a room with festively covered tables.



Wow...that was just the FIRST party! It was at 9 AM and I actually had to leave it a bit early to go to the second one, which was at 10.

The next event was the annual first grade Polar Express party. John played the conductor and took the kids tickets as usual, but this year he looked more official in his hat!



Once everyone was inside on the "train", we listened to the book (on tape).



Of course, we could all hear the bell.



Then, I gave the kids their own bells.



And finally, we enjoyed hot chocolate and other treats.



It was a busy morning, but lots of fun (not to mention delicious). Lucky me!

2 comments:

Debbie Leonard said...

Looks like fun!I read this with my pre-K students and we also had hot chocolate and candy, just like the students on the train. We all had a great time too!

Ocrakate said...

Hi Debbie! It has become a wonderful tradition with the first graders here, and I certainly wouldn't want to miss it! I had the best seat in the house, since all the kids were looking at me and I could see their faces as they listened to the story. It was sooo sweet. Love it!