Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Again?

Apparently, more snow is on the way. (I'm sorry, Annie! I swear, if I were psychic and could have known we would have all this snow this winter, I would've said come visit for a month so you can see it!) There are school closings/delays (for the mainland only, so far) running along the bottom of the TV screen tonight, and Hyde County has already issued the following announcement.

"Due to current weather forecasts and advisories, Hyde County Government Offices will be closed Thursday, February 10, 2011.

Should there be a delay for Friday, it will be determined Thursday afternoon and there will be notification.

Please drive with caution."


There's nary a flake to be seen so far on the island, but it is raining, and the forecast calls for it to turn to snow overnight. We'll see in the morning, I guess.

4 comments:

Gary said...

If it makes you feel any better, we in Columbus, Ohio have not seen bare ground since the first week in January and it'a about 15 degrees this morning! Between sleet and snow, the snow is a hard pack about 3-5 inches deep that you can walk on (I weigh about 200 lbs). I like the light fluffy stuff, not what we've got now!

Ocrakate said...

Yikes, Gary! Sounds like it's time for you two to come for an Ocracoke visit, if only so you can see another color other than white on the ground! It tried to snow for about an hour here this morning (was going back and forth between snow/sleet and rain), but then it stopped and nothing stuck. I also prefer the light, fluffy stuff to the mess you get when it gets packed down and stays around for ages (I lived in Ohio, I remember!)

Gary said...

I'm about 2-3 business days away from signing a contract to sell my business. Although I'll be obligated to work for another 18 months or so, my contact is for 130 hrs a month. That is going to leave Trisha and me lots more time for visiting Ocracoke. In fact, the contract has an exhibit with my schedule of time off which is mostly 2 weeks at a time - plenty for a visit to the island.

Ocrakate said...

That sounds terrific, Gary. Congrats on the impending sale of the business! I'll look forward to seeing you guys around here more often!