Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New stickers

Today was the second day the ferry service distributed the new Hatteras Inlet priority stickers for residents of Ocracoke. (Today was my day, since my last name begins with W.)



The process was quick and painless, and they had it down to a science. As soon as I pulled in, I had help scraping off my old sticker.



I went inside, filled out a form, and was handed a new sticker, which I took outside and which was quickly stuck on my windshield.

I got a kick out of seeing what had to have been one of the oldest cars to come get a new sticker, too.



I'm now the not-so-proud owner of a yellow and black sticker. I'm not a fan of the new color scheme, but they didn't ask for my input!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I've got one of them neat tunnel permits. Only paid $50.00 for it too from some local.....I got a deal on that...no lines, no waiting, and no pesky boat ride.

Ocrakate said...

LOL! I was once asked about the tunnel permit sticker on my car, and I decided to joke around with the visitor who asked, so I said "well, you have to be a permanent resident to get one". I changed my mind - and my tune - and quickly explained the truth when he turned purple and began screaming at me, outraged that he could not get one. Yikes.