Friday, October 8, 2010

Dinner out

The fall weather here recently has been wonderful. Today, at the end of the work week, I decided it was just too pretty to stay inside a minute longer. So we ate dinner on the beach!

Connor's favorite part of his meal was the pickle, I think.



We saw a group riding horses on the beach. It was a beautiful night to do that.





The horizon lit up in a lovely pink shade as the sun went down behind us.




_______________________________

(This portion of this post is for those of you who think I'm Pollyanna.)

It would have been the perfect evening if not for the approximately 47 zillion nasty little bugs that suddenly were swarming everywhere (in the village and on the beach). I have no idea what these things were, but they were creepy. I tried to get a good closeup shot of one (but didn't have my macro lens with me, so failed). While I was watching and trying to get a good picture, I watched one remove its wings, one at a time. If you look closely at this picture, you can see one of the discarded wings, just below the bug in the middle.



_______________________________

Other than that, it was lovely!

No comments: