Monday, March 8, 2010

Reopening

It's that time of year again, when restaurants and other businesses start reopening for the tourist season. Here's an email I recently received about one such event.

Howard's Pub is opening for the season on Friday, March 12

Serving our Full Menu All Day

Spring Hours: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - Midnight

Entertainment:
Friday March 12 Aaron Caswell Band 8:30 p.m.
Friday March 19 Karaoke (Alan Ross Road show with Mike) 8:30 p.m.

Prime Rib on Sunday nights

Daily Lunch Specials

24 Drafts

Nearly 200 Bottled Beers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be visiting Ocracoke in a few months, and I was wondering if you might be able to provide me with a few restaurant suggestions. I'm on a very restrictive diet due to a health condition. I find that when eating out that it's best to stick with vegan, organic, and unprocessed foods. Are there any restaurants on Ocracoke that you might recommend? Or any dishes in particular? Please don't worry if you can't. I'll certainly understand. :) Thank you so very much for your time and help. Do take care, and have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there the weekend of 26/27/28 March, anything interesting going on?

Ocrakate said...

Anonymous 1 - finding vegan food in island restaurants could be quite a challenge. The Flying Melon offers a vegetarian selection every day, as do most of the other locations, but I'm not sure whether anyone has anything vegan, although Thai Moon might. The Community Store has a small selection of organic fruits and veggies, so that will be an option too. Hope you find enough to eat, and that you have a great trip!

Anonymous 2 - I am not aware of anything going on that weekend, partially because I will not be here then, so I haven't been looking/paying attention. There's often music at the Pub on weekends, though, so that's a possibility. My recommendation is to stop in at the Post Office when you get here and read the bulletin board to see what's happening. (There are also similar boards at the Variety Store, the Community Store, and the gas station.) Have fun!