Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dark day

I have several blogs in draft from the last few days, including one which will have pictures of the Mandolin Orange concert, and I promise I will get caught up eventually (as I usually do, right?)

But it won't be today, as the entire village (me included) is grieving the loss of a beautiful child this morning. And many of us are also now grieving with another friend whose mother passed away today as well. It has been a very difficult day on Ocracoke, and all prayers and well wishes will be appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky we are to be here together! DeAnna

Debbie Leonard said...

My prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

As I searched "Charlotte" in your blog and read all the entries. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.From all the pictures of her growing up in the last 2 years -birthday on the beach and at the concerts and at pot luck parties she was very loved by all of you. May God be with Marcy and Lou and their families and all of her extended Ocracoke family. God Bless
Give Conner a big hug!

Ocrakate said...

Anonymous - you are so right - Charlotte was deeply loved and is deeply missed.

Debbie - thanks.

DeAnna - Amen!