Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mmmmm....Mexican food!

John, Connor and I went to Dajio tonight, for their special authentic Mexican night menu (with Hispanic guest chefs, so you know it was the real thing). I ordered the fish empanada, and was mildly surprised when I received something which didn't seem to be an empanada and had shrimp in it. I wasn't 100% sure it was incorrect, since I'm not the world's foremost expert on Mexican food, plus it was delicious, so I decided I didn't care if was wasn't what I ordered, I was just going to eat it anyway. A few minutes later, our server Masado came out with another plate, and said "it's your lucky Mexican food night!" This second plate was the empanadas. They were delicious, too! Between the two of us, we ate all three entrees and thoroughly enjoyed every bite. I should say between the two and a half of us - Connor helped a bit, too (he loved the rice).

Masado told us that the plan is to have Mexican night every Thursday. So if you're on the island and looking for dinner on a Thursday night some time, head over there and enjoy!

3 comments:

Tom in Plano, TX said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to trying them out. Sounds like a big step up from the previous business. I'm leaving next weekend for a couple weeks on the Island - 24 hours of driving from DFW! Kati, I'd love to get the opportunity to meet you in person. If you see a white Chevy pickup with TX plates at the pink house on the Back Rd., stop in if you have a minute!

Ocrakate said...

Tom, did you buy the pink house? We looked at it while we were looking, but then Marlene took it off the market for a while. I will try to stop by some time if I see the truck. Safe travels on your long drive!

Anonymous said...

Please comment on "The Wedding" Did they have a special ferry? Was the roads closed? Where was it held? Was there a lot of people there? Thanks for any news on it. Enjoy your blog.